Monday 21 January 2013

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A zombie tale with a difference!

Characters
It's very interesting to have a zombie as the main protagonist, I wasn't sure how well it would work but it was done in an extremely clever way. R the main character is strong, likeable and by the end of the story you feel real empathy for him. He is a character that you can understand even though he is faces extraordinary experiences. He is a character you really root for.
Julie is also a strong character within the story. The relationship between her and R is strangely believable and touching.
M is my favourite side character. He is so different to R but also so similar. He is tough the whole way through the story but softens by the end. Perry is one other character I would like to mention because he is so unusual. I wasn't expecting him to imgerge as an important character in the story.
I enjoyed the parallels with Romeo and Juliet throughout his story. It was done subtly and it took a while for me to spot the connections ( R- Romeo, Julie- Juliet, M-Mercusio and Nora- Nurse).

Plot
The plot was fast paced and grabs you from the first sentence. I found the story to be so addictive that it was an extremely quick read.

Writing
The world building was great as was the character development. I personally loved the gripping writing style. The pictures at the start of each chapter were also an interesting addition to the story.

In summary this story was fantastic action packed, with an unusual and touching love element. It is a must read especially with the film due out in February.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment